Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Rockville & Gaithersburg
Truck accidents can occur in an instant and cause property damage, personal injury, or even wrongful death. If you or a family member has been affected by a truck accident, a personal injury lawyer serving Gaithersburg and Rockville can help you receive the compensation you are due. At Sussman & Simcox , we understand the causes and effects of truck accidents; we will work to get you the settlement you deserve so you can return to your daily life.
Key Steps in Filing a Truck Accident Claim
After a truck accident, it’s vital to act quickly when filing a personal injury claim. Seeking professional representation will not only reduce your own stress levels, but increase the chances of a positive outcome in your favor as well.
- Trucking companies are only required by law to maintain certain records for a limited period of time, even if these documents contain evidence regarding an accident. For some records, the required time period prior to disposal is as short as 90 days. Thus, it’s essential to make your personal injury claim as soon as possible so that this evidence will be preserved and available during the claim process and at trial.
- Even when you are not at fault, a successful personal injury claim may hinge on many factors, including the proper presentation of facts and evidence. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney is the key to representing your case accurately and achieving the settlement you want.
Common Questions to be Prepared to Discuss:
- Who are the defendants?
- Was the vehicle properly maintained?
- Did the company investigate their operator’s driving history before hiring him?
- Had the drivers taken their required sleep and rest breaks?
- Were alcohol and drug tests administered?
- Was the driver following too closely or too fast for conditions?
- Did the condition or design of the road itself play a role?
- Had the cargo been properly loaded and secured?
Top Causes of Truck Accidents
Just as there are many possible causes for passenger vehicle accidents, there are also many possible causes for a truck accident. Understanding the most common causes of such accidents can give you a starting point for a successful personal injury claim. If you need the help of a lawyer in Gaithersburg or Rockville following a truck or automobile accident, please call Sussman & Simcox at (301) 840-0404 today for a free consultation.
- The single most common cause of truck accidents is driver negligence. Truck drivers who are not paying attention to the road, fail to follow the rules of the road, or are experiencing extreme fatigue or distraction are much more likely to cause an accident that affects you and your family.
- Equipment problems can also play a role in truck accidents. Trucks and trailers that have not been properly maintained or cargo that has not been adequately secured can lead to accidents, even if the driver is operating safely. Because trucking companies are required to inspect trucks daily and maintain their fleet, accidents caused by equipment failure place the company at fault in a personal injury claim.
Experience On Your Side
- Hundreds of Cases Tried
- Free Confidential Consultations
- 40+ Years of Combined Experience
- Millions of Dollars in Settlements & Verdicts
- Serving Clients across the State of Maryland