Car accidents are never expected, but you should always be prepared. Preparedness can take a lot of the stress out of the post-collision situation, so here are some simple things you should keep with you at all times:
- Pen and Paper
- Insurance Card
- Medical information card for you and your family
- Safety Cones
- First-aid Kit
The experts at State Farm Insurance have compiled a list of things to do immediately following your accident. Here are the first 5:
- Stay as calm as possible.
- Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles. When in doubt, call an ambulance.
- If the accident is minor and there are no serious injuries, move cars to a safe place, rather than risk being in moving traffic.
- Turn on hazard lights. If warranted, and possible, use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the car accident is minor.
Remember you aren’t alone in this. If you’ve been involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Sussman & Simcox. Our expertise and years of experience can help you get the compensation you deserve. We’ll look over your case for free!