Car accidents are never expected, but you should always be prepared. Preparedness can take a lot of the stress out of the post-collision situation, so here are some simple things you should keep with you at all times:
- Pen and Paper
- Insurance Card
- Medical information card for you and your family
- Safety Cones
- First-aid Kit
The experts at State Farm Insurance have compiled a list of things to do immediately following your accident. Here are the first 5:
- Stay as calm as possible.
- Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles. When in doubt, call an ambulance.
- If the accident is minor and there are no serious injuries, move cars to a safe place, rather than risk being in moving traffic.
- Turn on hazard lights. If warranted, and possible, use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the car accident is minor.
Have You Been Injured in a Maryland Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident, you need to speak with an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Gaithersburg office directly at 301.840.0404 to schedule your free consultation.